Heltti’s Mental Health Support Services
Lue blogi suomeksi tästä
We are now living exceptional times. The biggest concerns for many of us are health and financial situation of ourselves or our employer.
The coronavirus epidemic affects the mental well-being of all of us. Human is a social animal, and forced isolation can upset even balanced mind. When we add to this health and economic threats brought by a serious global crisis, as well as problems with the flow of work (constant interruptions or IT-problems), each of us begins to react in our own way.
Social isolation affect singles and those with families in very different ways. For everybody, the situation is still new and not problem free.
The symptoms of psychological load can include for example:
- difficulty to concentrate
- somatic symptom (insomnia, increased pain)
In this situation, the social community of workplace and caring supervisor are very important to all of us.
We have increased remote appointments for occupational health psychologists and remote appointments for occupational health nurses.
Heltti is here to support you. We have increased remote appointments for occupational health psychologists and remote appointments for occupational health nurses. You can contact your own Heltti health team easily through MyHeltti’s Own Nurse message channel. You can also call to Helttilinja and chat in live chat.
Occupational health care during lay-off
Did you know that employees are entitled to occupational health care services during a temporary lay-off? Also, the employees whose contract has been terminated due to financial and production-related causes are entitled to occupational healthcare services for 6 months starting from the last working day.
Good links and reading material
- Mental Health Foundation – Looking after your mental health during coronavirus outbreak
- The Conversation – 3 ways the coronavirus pandemic is changing who we are and 7 science-based strategies to cope with coronavirus anxiety
- The Hub, John Hopkins University – Oh, The Humanity – The Social Psychology of Crises
- Standford News – Instead of social distancing, practice “distant socializing” instead, urges Stanford psychologist
- American Psychological Association – APA News – Seven crucial research findings that can help people deal with COVID-19
- CNN.com – How to keep coronavirus fears from affecting your mental health
- Scientific American – How to Prevent Loneliness in a Time of Social Distancing
- Ars Technca – How to keep your sanity when you feel like the world is going crazy
Remote therapy services
Heltti’s partners also offer therapy services remotely: